What are you supposed to do when you’re in a Stay At Home order and you want some fried rice? Well you made your own!
I normally do like chicken in it as well but I really wasn’t feeling it the other night when I made this recipe. If you’d like to have a protein by all means, add whatever you’d like!
- 2 cups of rice (cooked then chilled)
- 4 large eggs, whisked
- dairy free butter alternative (3 Tbsp)
- 1 medium white onion
- 2-3 cups of peeled and sliced carrots
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 3-4 Tbsp of soy sauce
1. Day before or earlier in the day cook rice to instructions on the package. Let rice cool and place in the refrigerator.
2. Heat 1/2 tablespoon of dairy free butter in a pan, add eggs, cook until and stir until scrambled. Then place eggs into separate bowl, until needed later.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of butter to pan, allow to melt, then add in carrots, onions, garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Saute until carrots and onions are soft, around 5 minutes.
5. Increase heat, add in the remaining butter and stir until melted.
6. Add in cooled rice and soy sauce.
7. Add in the eggs, stir and remove from heat.
8. Taste, add in extra soy sauce if needed and then serve!