So I love my banana bread recipe but one Sunday morning I wondered if I would like it better in muffin form so it’s easier to take on the go. Well it’s just as good, if not better than the normal banana bread! Check out this recipe and try it for yourself! AND it’s dairy free!
Ingredients for the bread
- 3 overripe bananas, smashed
- 1/3 cup melted, non dairy, butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1 1/2 cups flower, sifted
Ingredients for the swirl
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbs cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (you will need to change the heat, see below for more details)
2. Olive Oil muffin tins (you can also you non dairy butter if you’d like)
3. Mix bananas, non-dairy butter, egg, vanilla, sugar together.
4. Sprinkle baking soda and salt around the top.
5. Gently sift flour in. Be sure to not over mix.
6. In a separate small dish mix together the 1/3 cups of sugar and 1 Tbs of cinnamon.
7. Add batter to the bottom of each muffin spot, just covering the bottom. (My batter made roughly 12 – 16 muffins)
8. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over the batter in each muffin spot, just enough to cover the batter.
9. Add the rest of the batter on top of each muffin spot.
10. Use the rest of the cinnamon sugar and sprinkle on top of the muffins.
11. Bake for 5 minutes at 400 degrees F.
12. Then change the temperature on your oven to 375 degrees F. You can leave the muffins in the oven when you change the temp.
13. Bake for another 10 minutes at 375 degrees F.
14. Check the bread with a toothpick.
15. When finished I take a small fork, lightly lift the muffins out of the tins and place on parchment paper to cool for about 20 minutes.
This is simple and easy to make. They are great for taking them on the go! I hope you enjoy!