Growing up I used to love when my mom made this cake! It really was better than anything! After becoming dairy free I was excited to make my own recipe.
Many people have heard of Better Than Anything Cake, if you haven’t don’t worry, I got you covered! Yes, there is another name for this cake that is not appropriate for my blog… haha!
It says a lot when your Bakery Manager Brother-in-law says it’s one of the best cakes he has had! Yes, that totally made my day when he said that!
Check out the ultimate dairy free Better Than Anything Cake recipe! Under 15 easy steps to bake your very own and wow your guests with this dairy free dessert! Enjoy!
Ingredients for the cake
- 1 box of German Chocolate Cake
- 1 can of pumpkin
Ingredients for the toppings
- 2 5.3oz containers of almondmilk yogurt alternative (vanilla)
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 9oz container of dairy free coco whip
1. Preheat oven to 350 when using a glass 9×13 pan
2. Olive oil the bottom and the sides of the pan
3. Place the German Chocolate cake mix and the can of pumpkin in a bowl
4. Using a hand mixer, combine the cake mix and pumpkin together
5. After it’s mixed well together, spread the batter into the pre olive oiled cake pan
6. Place in the 350 degree oven for 30 minutes
7. Take a bowl and add the 2 Almondmilk yogurts
8. Using a hand mixer, slowly add in 4 cups of powdered sugar, one cup at a time
9. Mix until smooth (yes it should be runny)
10. When the cake is done, take it out of the oven and start poking holes into the cake (I use a wooden reusable chopstick, but I also have used a handle of a spoon or fork) The holes need to be large enough for the yogurt mixture to melt into the cake.
11. Pore the yogurt mixture all over the cake
12. Let the cake cool
We are getting closer my friend! The Dairy Free Better Than Anything Cake is almost done!
13. Take the coco whip (non dairy) out of the refrigerator (If you had it in the freezer, be sure to take it out prior to making the cake – it needs time to thaw)
14. Once the cake has cooled a bit, carefully spread the coco whip all over the top of the cake and serve right away or you can place it into the refrigerator and serve it at a later time.
I hope you enjoy this Dairy Free Better Than Anything Cake recipe, please leave a comment below if you did in fact enjoy it!
Side Note: I am working on another version of this, once I get it perfected I will post an update!
- For more easy dairy free recipes please visit my blog! https://kateyfortun.com/category/dairy-free-recipes/
- Here’s a great resource for dairy free recipes and products! https://sodeliciousdairyfree.com/
- For my dairy lovers, here’s the actual recipe for Better Than Anything Cake: https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/better-than-almost-anything-cake/