This year I hosted my first Thanksgiving at our house. I have been told by my 6 year old nephew, Jack, that the mashed potatoes were his favorite! I thought I might as well share the recipe I have perfected a bit from Thanksgiving. I like a simple step by step process, I honestly don’t want to read a book about how to make a good recipe. So here’s the simple step by step process… I hope you all enjoy!
- 3lb. gold potatoes
- 1 cup (your choice) of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Soy-Free Vegenaise (this is a dairy free friendly option to mayonnaise)
- 3/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- dash of salt to taste
- Wash, peel and cube potatoes
- In a large pot, place potatoes and cover with an inch of water
- Bring to a boil and and reduce heat and maintain boil. Cook potatoes until tender. A fork should be able to stick into potato easily (roughly 15-20 minutes). Please be sure to not overcook the potatoes.
- Drain potatoes and put in a large bowl or return to the pot.
- Add chicken broth. I use a potato masher first to mash.
- Add in Vegenaise, parsley, pepper, garlic powder and salt and then use electric hand mixer to combine. Mix until lumps are removed.
Hope you enjoy! Please share with your friends and family!