You can’t go wrong with a good banana bread recipe. Well check out this great twist to the traditional banana bread!
Ingredients for the Bread
- 3 over-ripe bananas, smashed
- 1/3 cup melted, non dairy, butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1 1/2 cups flower, sifted
Ingredients for the Swirl
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbs cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Olive Oil 9×5 loaf pan (you can also you non dairy butter if you’d like)
- Mix bananas, non-dairy butter, egg, vanilla, sugar together.
- Sprinkle baking soda and salt around the top.
- Gently sift flour in. Be sure to not over mix.
- In a separate small dish mix together the 1/3 cups of sugar and 1 Tbs of cinnamon.
- Add half the batter in the loaf pan.
- Sprinkle 3/4 of the cinnamon sugar mixture over the batter in the loaf pan.
- Add the rest of the batter and then sprinkle the rest of the cinnamon sugar mix on top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes. I start the bread on the bottom shelf of the oven and then at 30 minutes I switch it to the top shelf.
- Check the bread with a toothpick.
- When finished I set out and let cool for 20 minutes.