This is one of my all time favorite soups! You can always add cheese and sour cream after the fact, for my dairy loving friends! This can get a little spicy so if you’re not a fan of spice just use one can of rotel and if you need to, tone down the seasonings.
- 1 skinless boneless chicken breast
- 32 oz of Chicken Broth
- 2 cans of rotel (or equivalent – I use the Aldi brand) If you don’t like spicy food – don’t use rotel, use more original tomatoes
- 1 large can of tomatoes (I like the soup thicker – you don’t have to use this if you don’t want to)
- 1 can of corn (I used corn from the cob that I froze this past fall)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Cumin
- 1/2 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Tortilla Chips
Suggested Toppings: for my dairy loving friends you can add cheese after serving!
1. Place chicken breast (mine was frozen), chicken broth and corn to crock pot
2. Add chopped onions, rotel and tomatoes to crock pot
3. Add the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and pepper to crock pot.
4. Stir all ingredients together
5. Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 8 hours. (I cook mine on high for 6 because I tend to not plan far enough in advance for this soup… I get a craving and throw it all together!)
6. About 30 minutes before you want to eat – take out the chicken and shred it. The chicken should just fall apart. Place back into crock pot and keep on warm until you plan on eating.
7. Add tortilla chips and any other desired toppings. I hope you enjoy!