When I stopped eating dairy I was so sad about not being able to eat a few of my favorite foods: deviled eggs, ham and cream cheese roll ups and ice cream.
I’m very grateful for the new dairy free options and ideas out there! So here’s my new recipe for avocado deviled eggs!
- One dozen eggs, hard boiled
- One avocado
- 1/4 cup of vegenaise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- dash of salt
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon lime juice (to taste)
1. In a medium size pot bring water to a boil.
2. Place dozen eggs into boiling water and let them boil for 15 minutes
3. After eggs are done boiling place eggs into cold water
4. Crack and shell eggs
5. Cut eggs in half and take out yolk and place yolks in blender
6. After all yolks are in the blender peel and cut up the avocado and add to blender
7. Add garlic powder, dash of salt, lime juice to the blender and blend. Add vegenaise if it needs to be creamier
8. Take a glass and a plastic bag and put yolk and avocado mixture in bag
9. Seal the bag and cut the tip off
10. Take cut eggs and fill them with avocado yolk filling
When all eggs are filled, place in a container with a lid and put in refrigerator. In my mind, these are even better than the original deviled eggs! I hope you enjoy!